Data/ribbon cable for hdd.

Kudu 10:26 04 Dec 03

Anyone know where i could get a cable with a decent distance between the master and slave connector.The measurement between these connectors on the cables i have is roughly 120mm and i require min. of say 160mm.

stlucia 10:28 04 Dec 03

click here;jsessionid=%407991bd%3af940c8a118 do 45cm round cables, and possibly other lengths.

Kudu 10:52 04 Dec 03

not so much interested in overall length of but distance between connectors.Trying to phone them.

Kudu 11:06 04 Dec 03

Novatech say distance between ide connectors is standard even on longer cables.Pity no one makes an extension.

Mr_Nice_Guy 11:08 04 Dec 03

mind me asking why you need an extension? There a a few from maplin.

DieSse 12:03 04 Dec 03

Links to them are all over - do a google search for ... long ide cables uk ...

Sample here click here

Diemmess 14:51 04 Dec 03

Don't wish to irritate...........but I have had this problem a few times and solved it by a major re-arrangement of the hardware inside the case.

If it can be done, then the end result is neater and has less spare ribbon to block air flow.

Kudu 15:01 04 Dec 03

For various reasons this is not possible due to diy adjustments to layout and cabling.The 2 hard disks are 150mm apart and i have tried various ribbon and round cables but none will fit due to the ide connectors for the HDD's being too close together.

Mr_Nice_Guy 16:04 04 Dec 03

how big is your tower, i'm sure some rearrangement will work. My two dvdrw drive and dvdrom drives didnt attach properly coz the ribbon cable was too short so i changed it around and now it looks good and performs well. Btw putting drives close together is not a really good idea as it might shorten the life.

Kudu 10:38 05 Dec 03

Problem solved with this from here Thanks for replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…