Datamax label printer on XP

splatrat 12:05 28 Mar 08

I use a Datamax Allegro 2 label/barcode printer running on ME, i need to move this printer to another computer that runs on XP, i have downloaded the driver to the XP computer but it is causing the printer to run/load very slowly and will only print one label at a time, i seem to remember when i changed this printer to a new computer a couple of years ago i had to remove the XP and reload ME just to get the printer working properly and i now really need this printer to be connected to the XP pc.

Diemmess 17:59 28 Mar 08

I imagine the label printer uses a parallel port (LPT1) and your other printer/s USB?.

I don't know if this will make any difference, and my memory fades, but there was traumatic time when I had either changed the motherboard or installed W2K or both, and the wretched printer went on dead slow with a little think between every pass.

The cure for me was to change the BIOS printer settings to ECC or ECP or something like that!

Sorry to be so vague, my change from W98SE to 2K was a long time ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…