database wont open

westgolf 08:54 09 Feb 08

Hi there, please help, I am new to the PC advisor helproom , whenever I try to open the database - an advert takes over & directs me to the advert site ! ... how can I stop this ? Thanks.

Graham. 09:27 09 Feb 08

Is this a database such as Excel, or Internet Explorer when you go online?

Graham. 09:58 09 Feb 08

westgolf, please respond in the thread, using 'Add a new response'.

pj123 12:27 09 Feb 08

In the meantime Graham., please tell us what the email said?

Graham. 15:20 09 Feb 08

'Hi Graham, this is an IBM advert - that flashes up as soon as I attempt to click on the "database" link - does that help ?'

Do you think it is the underlined adverts on the forum? I stopped them on mine some time ago, so I don't know if they are still there.

Graham. 09:47 13 Feb 08

Same message.

Are you there, westgolf? If you scroll down, you will see a box 'Add a new response...'.

In there, tell us where this 'database' link is. Is it on your computer, or on a website?

westgolf 10:46 13 Feb 08

when I place my mouse pointer over the "database" link, it immediately shows an advert, that if clicked upon, takes me to the advert site , which was IBM this morning , does this help ? Thanks.

Sea Urchin 11:19 13 Feb 08

"when I place my mouse pointer over the database link" - at the risk of repeating Graham WHERE is this "database" link? Is it on a website? If so, which one? Forum members will find it very difficult to help you if they don't know exactly what you are trying to do.

Graham. 12:21 13 Feb 08

Is the database link on this forum?

tullie 12:35 13 Feb 08

If it is,i havent found it yet!

westgolf 08:06 14 Feb 08

Hello everyone & thank you for your assistance,sorry if I haven't explained well ! When I log in the next page that opens has a list of options on the left hand side, in this list - below the "forums" item - I select the "helproom" item, the next page that opens - has in the opening paragraph a double underlined link for "database" ... this is the link I am attempting to open , as soon as I place my mouse pointer over the link it is taken over - as previously described , hope someone can please help ? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5