Database software recommendation to equal that on a Psion palmtop

BrianMaxted 09 Feb 13

The Psion palmtop is now out of date but it had a remarkable database facility which whilst was primarily designed as an all encompassing address book one could bespoke by amending/adding parameters for any other data use ie inventory, vehicle/shipping list, plant register etc. Its most remarkable feature was the search facility. It was possible to encompass all or restrict the parameters to be searched and it would show a shortlist on the screen of all the entries meeting the search criteria. I have been unable to find another programme which is so user friendly (I struggle with MS Access and Spreadsheet searching is so cumbersome). I would be very grateful if anyone can suggest an option which ideally could also be used on a smartphone or tablet so that it is as as the Psion. Thank you. Brian MAxted

rdave13 09 Feb 13

I can't help really but Godoogle came up with this, http://community.psion.com/discussions/f/151/t/10885.aspx

Good luck.

I am Spartacus 09 Feb 13

Although a bit more complex than Psion Database I highly recommend HanDBase

It can be used as a simple flatfile database or a relational database compatible with Access. I currently use it on my iPod Touch but it's available for a number of platforms.

Forum Editor 09 Feb 13

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

BrianMaxted 10 Feb 13

I would like to thank rdave13 and Spartacus for their wonderful responses both of which were equally helpful. Brian

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message