Database software recommendation to equal that on a Psion palmtop

BrianMaxted 18:01 09 Feb 13

The Psion palmtop is now out of date but it had a remarkable database facility which whilst was primarily designed as an all encompassing address book one could bespoke by amending/adding parameters for any other data use ie inventory, vehicle/shipping list, plant register etc. Its most remarkable feature was the search facility. It was possible to encompass all or restrict the parameters to be searched and it would show a shortlist on the screen of all the entries meeting the search criteria. I have been unable to find another programme which is so user friendly (I struggle with MS Access and Spreadsheet searching is so cumbersome). I would be very grateful if anyone can suggest an option which ideally could also be used on a smartphone or tablet so that it is as as the Psion. Thank you. Brian MAxted

rdave13 19:30 09 Feb 13

I can't help really but Godoogle came up with this, http://community.psion.com/discussions/f/151/t/10885.aspx

Good luck.

I am Spartacus 21:02 09 Feb 13

Although a bit more complex than Psion Database I highly recommend HanDBase

It can be used as a simple flatfile database or a relational database compatible with Access. I currently use it on my iPod Touch but it's available for a number of platforms.

Forum Editor 23:32 09 Feb 13

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

BrianMaxted 11:25 10 Feb 13

I would like to thank rdave13 and Spartacus for their wonderful responses both of which were equally helpful. Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017