//some 3rd party need geo

Database for Files on Personal CD's

Oddjob99bowls 23:35 02 Sep 03

Hi there,
Can anyone tell me of a program that will read all the details off CD's and then record the data in a Database of some description so that I can easily find the files I want from several hunred CD's.

Thank you.

The Teacher 23:37 02 Sep 03

Have you tried the "import" funtion in MS Access? I don't if it will work from CDs or not and I do not know of any programme that will let you do this.

Personally I keep a written record of what I need and then create my of DB in Access.

The Teacher

Simsy 23:41 02 Sep 03

but the type of CD may be relevant....

If, for example, you are talking about commercial Audio CDs, then I think the information you are after is on the CD's and it's automatic extraction is probably possible....

If however you are talking about Data CDs, such as coverdiscs, I suspect that it's not going to be possible.

I'll watch this with interest for an answer.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

tbh72 23:45 02 Sep 03

click here You will find the answer your looking for here... Ummm you are talking Music CDs arent ya!!!

krypt1c 00:11 03 Sep 03

Have a look at these. click here

Oddjob99bowls 12:30 03 Sep 03

Many thanks to every one for your suggestions.
I was talking about Data CD's not Audio and am still open to further suggestions

Oddjob

Oddjob99bowls 14:24 06 Nov 03

I have found the answer to my needs.
It is based on Dos and it works in Windows ME and is called CD Index.
You asign a number to each CD (say F123) and type in Index F123 having loaded the CD in a Reader, and within a few seconds you are advised that the data has been indexed.

To find a particular file you enter seek Word1,word2,word3 and press enter and all occurrences of files having any of the words will be listed.

It works a treet and is free.

The details can be supplied to anyone interested.

Bob.

TBH1 15:56 06 Nov 03

Oddjob99bowls - - I have been using something called dirlist - this outputs to printer or a text file. Wouldn't mind a look at the utility you have found though, particularly if it does output to database / spreadsheet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…