Database creation

maxspud 16:22 07 Oct 05

I would like to create a membership database from scratch. I have looked on the web, but nearly everthing seems to revolve around Web databases. I need this database to be stand alone. I am a complete novice at this, if anyone knows a good tutorial that will help me create this database that will not cost me a arm and a leg, and will take me through it step by step in easily understood stages I would be greatly appreciative.

Monoux 16:39 07 Oct 05

do you have MS office installed and if so MS Access. If so therer should be some sample databases in Access that may fulfil your needs

maxspud 16:50 07 Oct 05

I am probebly going to use the new database prog. coming out with version 2 of Openoffice

Diemmess 17:46 07 Oct 05

Good luck with your choice whatever it is.

My personal view is that Access has the power to do almost anything by way of its Queries and Reports, but has an Everest height for its learning curve and most of the curve is as steep as the north face of the Eiger.

It can be mastered, but doing so becomes a way of life in itself and successive versions have been amazingly incompatible with earlier ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5