Data Usage Problem (Windows 7 64 bit)

andrew6451 14:53 16 Jul 13

I would be grateful if someone could help me out with a data usage problem. I am simply trying to get an accurate measure of my usage. My ISP is Tesco Broadband and they have a fair usage limit of 100GB per month. This has always been much more than I use, but recent retirement will increase my computer usage. When I had a look at my recorded usage (I use Networx free meter)I saw my recorded usage was approximately double my actual traffic. I confirmed this on several occasions. My router (supplied by Tesco) is a Thomson TG580. Despite trying every possible user/password combination (and speaking to Tesco)I have been unable to access device webpage. (Trust me I have tried everything!)I gather had I managed to view page that would give me accurate usage. I assume Networx is double counting and I know I can adjust what it records. As I use both Ethernet and wireless connections, and also VPN, I haven't a clue what I should enter as "monitored interfaces" on the Networx settings. Currently it is set to "all connections" and I assume that is the problem. Incidentally in Hardware my Network adapters are shown as Realtek PCIe GBE family controller and also TAP-Win32 Adapter V9. I don't know if this is relevant. I use an ethernet connection to router for my computer, and wireless for my mobile and tablet. Would it help if I used wireless for all? If all else fails I might get a new router which gives me the figures I want. I would appreciate it if someone could advise the correct Networx settings, or perhaps an alternative solution. As an afterthought wouldn't it be nice if Tesco supplied a running total on my account page? Alas, No.
Thanks for any advice. Cheers Andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac