Data Usage Problem (Windows 7 64 bit)

andrew6451 14:53 16 Jul 13

I would be grateful if someone could help me out with a data usage problem. I am simply trying to get an accurate measure of my usage. My ISP is Tesco Broadband and they have a fair usage limit of 100GB per month. This has always been much more than I use, but recent retirement will increase my computer usage. When I had a look at my recorded usage (I use Networx free meter)I saw my recorded usage was approximately double my actual traffic. I confirmed this on several occasions. My router (supplied by Tesco) is a Thomson TG580. Despite trying every possible user/password combination (and speaking to Tesco)I have been unable to access device webpage. (Trust me I have tried everything!)I gather had I managed to view page that would give me accurate usage. I assume Networx is double counting and I know I can adjust what it records. As I use both Ethernet and wireless connections, and also VPN, I haven't a clue what I should enter as "monitored interfaces" on the Networx settings. Currently it is set to "all connections" and I assume that is the problem. Incidentally in Hardware my Network adapters are shown as Realtek PCIe GBE family controller and also TAP-Win32 Adapter V9. I don't know if this is relevant. I use an ethernet connection to router for my computer, and wireless for my mobile and tablet. Would it help if I used wireless for all? If all else fails I might get a new router which gives me the figures I want. I would appreciate it if someone could advise the correct Networx settings, or perhaps an alternative solution. As an afterthought wouldn't it be nice if Tesco supplied a running total on my account page? Alas, No.
Thanks for any advice. Cheers Andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…