data transfer to laptop

pinnicat 07:46 03 Feb 05

morning all...
Briefly: i work in advertising, and needing a way of having images to tap into quickly whilst out in the field, but on a budget, i have picked up a very reasonably priced laptop (£60) which you won't be surprised to hear , has no cd drive in which to run a massive cdrom of artwork. can i transfer the data on the disc to the driveless laptop hard disc?

cheers all.

FelixTCat 07:56 03 Feb 05

Does the laptop have a network port? If so, connect to your lan (if you have one) or get a cross-over cable and connect directly to your other computer.

If you don't have a network port then you will need something like Laplink with a special serial cable.

Another alternative is to buy a hard disk adapter, remove the disk from your laptop and plug it into your main computer and simply copy the files across. See click here

pinnicat 08:00 03 Feb 05

i will look at those options once i have navigated a manual free it an option to use a data stick and bucket it over in stages?

Sethhaniel 08:26 03 Feb 05

a memory stick can easily copy your pics between computers

Chezdez 09:26 03 Feb 05

or you could buy an external USB CD-rom drive?

pinnicat 10:11 03 Feb 05

okey dokey...i should be able to take it from here peeps...thank you very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…