data transfer to cd (XP Prof. SP2)

twick 17:03 24 Apr 05

D drive :- SonyDV RW DW-D22A. I have successfully created audio discs from My Music but cannot create data files.
1. Using CD-RW in Backup Wizard; or MY Documents/Copy to CD; or INSTANT CD/DVD message that disc is 'write protected Remove write protection'. How are they write protected?. Discs are Memorex 1x4x CD-RW.
2. Using CD-R discs in My Documents/Copy to CD. After clicking Copy no balloon note appears and system appears to be doing nothing.Impossible to end task. Attempts to close down brings up message that Windows is using a program that must be closed first --- how when screen does not respond to anything? The computor can not be closed down, ON/OFF switch on tower does not respond and only way to shut down is via mains socket.
3. when using Backup Wizard and selecting 'D' drive get message:- 'Back up file could not be used D:\ Backup.bkf please ensure a valid path and sufficient access'. System then freezes as above.
What stupid things am I doing wrong?

twick 18:37 10 May 05

I have solved it by using Pinnacle Instant Cd/DVD for creating data discs but any atempt to use Backup results in the system freezing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac