Data Transfer between old and new Laptop harddrive

Rower 14:23 22 Nov 06

My old laptop suffered a fall and unfortuantly will not work. I have been told that there is no problem with the hard drive just something else and it is terminal, my insurance company has provided me with a new laptop. The problem is it contains all my old files, pictures, music etc.

How can I get the files off my old hard drive and put it onto my new laptop. Do I need to take either of the laptops apart?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

rawprawn 14:30 22 Nov 06

If your old laptop is totally dead, you will need to get at the old HDD to rescue data. Unless you know what you are doing it might be best left to a professional.

betaman 14:33 22 Nov 06

I'm no expert but, I would think the easiest solution would be to remove HDD from old laptop and put it into a USB drive case (for 2.5" hard disk).Not only will you be able to transfer your old files but you'll also have a spare external HDD for backup.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:37 22 Nov 06

click here
I used one of these to copy all my data from my old works laptop to the new one.
takes both laptop 2.5 and desktop 3.5 IDE drives
Cost was £7 from a computer fair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…