Data Storage Using DVD+RW Disks

Newuser4165 09:57 02 Oct 03

I have recently bought a LG4040B multiformat DVD recorder.
No problems at all using DVD RAM disks but have run into a problem using Memorex DVD+RW disks.
Nero -v5.10.28 - cannot see these disks and I get "illegal media" error.Using "CopyToDVD" I have no problems writing to the disk but the disk contents are invisible on other DVDROM drives.
In addition I can't seem to add additional data even though I have selected "Multisession" in the disk setup - I have to erase the disk completely and reburn all the data.
Can someone explain what is going on please.

Newuser4165 10:06 02 Oct 03

Continuation - Sorry pressed the submit button too son

I want to use DVD+RW disks as I use a program called DVD Pitureshow from Ulead to display slideshows on my DVD player which is only compatable with DVD+RW disks.This program also works OK and I can see the slideshows but the disk contents are again invisible when placed in a normal DVDROM drive such as the Toshiba 1612.
Using DVD+RW would save me buying RAM disks as well as DVD+RW disks.

The Sack 12:24 02 Oct 03

Update nero? click here

Chegs ® 14:06 02 Oct 03

To enable you to use multisession,install InCD,with Nero.This allows you to use the DVD's as very big floppys. :-)

Newuser4165 00:20 03 Oct 03

I have solved the Nero problem by upgrading to version 6.
Disks now burn properly.There was obviously a problem with Nero 5.5.10.50.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…