Data Source in Mail Merge Wizard

TURNIPS 09:10 18 Aug 04

While using Mail Merge Wizard, how can I access Address Book as my Data Source in Step 3?
There are only two items in the "My Data Sources":
+Connect to New Data Source and +New SQL Server Connection. Neither of these mean anything to me! The Address Book is an obvious source. Why doesn't the Mail Merge Wizard direct me to this?

Mike D 11:00 18 Aug 04

Turnips

I'm looking at Word 2000, but I think that other versions are similar:

Mike D 11:00 18 Aug 04

Turnips

I'm looking at Word 2000, but I think that other versions are similar:

Mike D 11:02 18 Aug 04

Turnips
Should I even be giving advise when I can't get my fingrs working properly?

On Word 2000 (yes, I.m still looking at it):
1 Go to Tools, Mail Merge

Mike D 11:02 18 Aug 04

Turnips
Should I even be giving advise when I can't get my fingrs working properly?

On Word 2000 (yes, I.m still looking at it):
1 Go to Tools, Mail Merge

Mike D 11:06 18 Aug 04

I give up !

1 GO to tools Mail Merge
2 Using the Mail Merge Helper, either prepare a new form letter or use an exisiting document
3 Get Data Source - this box should now show, amongst other options, "Use Address Book"

I hope this helps, even allowing for the recaltricant fingers of a senile old git!

Mike

Djohn 13:46 18 Aug 04

Mike D is correct. Stage 3 of 6 is get data source, there should be a dialogue box on screen for you to select from. Use the drop-down menu in the top of the dialogue box window to navigate your way to the source you wish to use.

TURNIPS 16:13 18 Aug 04

My thanks to Mike D and DJohn for taking the trouble to respond ..... BUT I am still unable to link to Address Book in the Data Source window. However, I have now tried other routes and, abracadabra, I've cracked it. I'll be able to sleep tonight !! Thanks again to you both.

Turnips

TURNIPS 16:14 18 Aug 04

My thanks to Mike D and DJohn for taking the trouble to respond ..... BUT I am still unable to link to Address Book in the Data Source window. However, I have now tried other routes and, abracadabra, I've cracked it. I'll be able to sleep tonight !! Thanks again to you both.

Turnips

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac