Data Saving

I have a laptop that is a bit flakey and no other machine. I am worried that it is suddenly going to die on me, whilst the majority of stuff on it is of little consequence, I do have a considerable number of JPEG photos that I would hate to lose. I do not have a re-write facility, how can I save these photos without having to upload to a host site?

Diemmess 18:03 03 Apr 04

If your laptop is all you have and it doesn't have a CD burner, then consider either an external CD-R or RW, or else an external HDD.

Neither way is cheap, but both give you a chance to save precious data and even clones of your whole operating system.

A bulky alternative is to search for a s/h computer which if you ask around, might well be yours for a few pounds, if you are not looking for high spec.

TommyRed 19:10 03 Apr 04

What is a considerable number of photos? Do you have any photo editing software? The reason I ask is that you can reduce the size to say 144Kb from 654Kb per photo allowing 10 per floppy. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…