Data Recovery From a Recently Defragmented HD

thegreypanther 16:30 11 Mar 06

With my PC appearing to go slow, I defragmented my data drive BEFORE backing it up. Big mistake (I know). Unfortunately, the disc was about to fail, rather than needing defragmenting, and I was left with an apparently useless hard disc.
I have successfully used the PC Inspector File Recovery program to recover a number of files from this disc. However, two or three folders appear to be completely empty, - including the one with the files that I would like to recover above all else.
I cannot find these files anywhere.
Has the process of defragmenting the disc before it failed totally erased these files? Or are they likely to be lurking somewhere, possibly with a different name / attribute?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 11 Mar 06

File recovery :-
Badcopy Pro click here
CDCheck click here
Disk Investigator click here
PCInspector click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Testdisc click here
Drive Rescue click here

Drive Rescue and R studio have been known to produce good results.

Marsh Warden © ™ 17:13 11 Mar 06
  thegreypanther 20:24 11 Mar 06

Once again, THANK YOU to the PC Advisor Helproom. This time you have come up trumps.
Using R-STUDIO's software, I have successfully recovered the files I was so keen to restore.
It cost me a small fee, but NOTHING like as much as a professional data recovery service would have charged.
But the main thing is, I have some very precious photographs back in my possession again. I am absolutely delighted.
Thank you, again,for this help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…