Data Recovery - Corrupt HDD

merlin 13:30 09 Feb 04

Hi All,
I'm looking for a Data Recovery Tool ( shareware/free)to recover data from my corrupt HDD - I managed to back up about 70% of it before it finally gave up the ghost.
Any suggestions much appreciated

xania 13:41 09 Feb 04
  xania 13:49 09 Feb 04

Sorry, sent before completed. The first of those has some freeware, I think, but the rest are chargeable.

Also look at

click here(trial version available)
click here
click here

or type <data recovery tools> into your favourite serach engine.

merlin 13:57 09 Feb 04

Thanks Xania,will give them a try - some of the trials I have seen will only let you "see" the recoverable data and not actually recover it unless you purchase the software

MichelleC 14:32 09 Feb 04

I think PC Inspector is free click here

Chegs ® 15:13 09 Feb 04

Fred Langa's Newsletter has a bit on File Recovery and Undelete etc.I have tried PC Inspector,it worked great on a SmartMedia camera card,but set it off thru a 120Gb hdd with its Partitions deleted(I could still see the data)and it crashed the puter. :-(

I had a hunt thru the offerings from google click here but still haven't found either a freebie that works,or a trial that could get these files(if I bought it)I gave up,and accepted the loss of 42Gb's of video/data/apps,but now religously backup everything to a DVD-RW in 4Gb chunks,or to CD-RW for the smaller stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…