Data recovery

aleha 18:05 13 Dec 03

I had important data on my p.c, but a virus made my pc unbootable, so i gave it to a friend who had to reformat the drive. But i didnt know all my data had gone untill i accessed my username to find it wernt there. Does anyone know how to recover my lost data...please??
Thanks

spikeychris 18:22 13 Dec 03

Fraid not, unless you have a healthy bank account

Daveboy 18:24 13 Dec 03

If your hard disk has been re-formatted then I believe its curtains.

minter 18:35 13 Dec 03

Depends how important the info you lost is.

Whatever you do, it will cost.

Depending on how much you are prepared to pay you will recover anywhere from 0% of your disc to about 80%.

If you have overwritten your HD, then I am afraid you have had it.

You can only recover from parts of the disc that have not been overwritten, and sometimes only overwriting a bit can screw recovery up completely.

I had the problem a while back and lost a load of irreplaceable photos, and files. I managed to get ALL the photos back but only about 10% of the other files.

Take a look at click here or click here

I used Final Data 2, but as I say the only things I really managed to recover were the pics.

aleha 18:37 13 Dec 03

oh yeah i have windows XP

Diodorus Siculus 18:48 13 Dec 03

click here and try this program - it is fairly good and free to use.

minter 19:06 13 Dec 03

This one is freeware - click here

minter 19:15 13 Dec 03

Further to my last post

"PC Inspector File Recovery is a data recovery program that supports the FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS file systems. Finds partitions automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or damaged (does not work with the NTFS file system). Recovers files with the original time and date stamp. Supports the saving of recovered files on network drives."

stinkyeye 20:33 13 Dec 03

PC inspector file recovery is one of the better ones. goodluck

oglemire 21:15 13 Dec 03

your friend needs a kick in the spuds .. .. .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…