data light on router flashing...........

Magik ®© 17:34 15 Jul 05

hi, of late the data light on the adsl wireless router keeps flashing, hour after hour, and it is not a slow blink, it is going fifteen to the dozen.........anyone else's do the same? or is there some setting so that it flashes only when data is moving............thanks.

Dorsai 18:46 15 Jul 05

I don't ahve a Router, but I am on ADSL, via a USB modem.

If I dont actually look at the modem, the lights appear to remain constant. Hovever if I actually stare at them, while up/down-loading, the USB light does flicker as data transfer takes place. It's so fast that I can't see it unless I look right at it.

Does this sound like what you have?

Magik ®© 19:32 15 Jul 05

hi, mine is going on and off for hours on end, because i thought i had a problem with the router, i got another adsl modem to try, and i am sure it has been doing it since the install of the other one, which is a voyager 100...I am now back with the voyager 2000....thanks

Mikè 19:37 15 Jul 05

I presume that you've got your network secured? ie nobody is stealing your bandwidth.

Magik ®© 19:46 15 Jul 05

hi...very strange you should say that, I have two laptops running, like to see the wife sometimes, so one is downstairs and one up....last night, on the control panel it said (there are 3 computers connected to the voyager).

woodchip 19:57 15 Jul 05

Check you computer for Malaware it may be posting spam

Magik ®© 20:11 15 Jul 05

done one laptop this morning and it found 2, am now going to do this one.....thanks

Mikè 20:20 15 Jul 05

"I have two laptops running, like to see the wife sometimes, so one is downstairs and one up....last night, on the control panel it said (there are 3 computers connected to the voyager)."

So there's the problem then.......

woodchip 20:24 15 Jul 05

The router is not secure, Some one outside using your BB connection, You should encrypt the Router and Laptops

Magik ®© 20:36 15 Jul 05

thank you all for the help, I shall take on board all that has been said....start by getting to grips with security......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…