data light on router flashing...........

Magik ®© 17:34 15 Jul 05

hi, of late the data light on the adsl wireless router keeps flashing, hour after hour, and it is not a slow blink, it is going fifteen to the dozen.........anyone else's do the same? or is there some setting so that it flashes only when data is moving............thanks.

Dorsai 18:46 15 Jul 05

I don't ahve a Router, but I am on ADSL, via a USB modem.

If I dont actually look at the modem, the lights appear to remain constant. Hovever if I actually stare at them, while up/down-loading, the USB light does flicker as data transfer takes place. It's so fast that I can't see it unless I look right at it.

Does this sound like what you have?

Magik ®© 19:32 15 Jul 05

hi, mine is going on and off for hours on end, because i thought i had a problem with the router, i got another adsl modem to try, and i am sure it has been doing it since the install of the other one, which is a voyager 100...I am now back with the voyager 2000....thanks

Mikè 19:37 15 Jul 05

I presume that you've got your network secured? ie nobody is stealing your bandwidth.

Magik ®© 19:46 15 Jul 05

hi...very strange you should say that, I have two laptops running, like to see the wife sometimes, so one is downstairs and one up....last night, on the control panel it said (there are 3 computers connected to the voyager).

woodchip 19:57 15 Jul 05

Check you computer for Malaware it may be posting spam

Magik ®© 20:11 15 Jul 05

done one laptop this morning and it found 2, am now going to do this one.....thanks

Mikè 20:20 15 Jul 05

"I have two laptops running, like to see the wife sometimes, so one is downstairs and one up....last night, on the control panel it said (there are 3 computers connected to the voyager)."

So there's the problem then.......

woodchip 20:24 15 Jul 05

The router is not secure, Some one outside using your BB connection, You should encrypt the Router and Laptops

Magik ®© 20:36 15 Jul 05

thank you all for the help, I shall take on board all that has been said....start by getting to grips with security......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…