Data Execution Protection

blazingbadger 08:26 27 Jul 08

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

I have started getting this when the computer starts to shut down. I can't work out why. I have just downloaded Service Pack 3. Would this have a conection

johndrew 09:40 27 Jul 08

It could be SP3 although I`m not aware of any conflict there, it could also be a conflict in other software - have you installed or updated any recently? The other option is that a `nasty` has got on your PC. Perhaps this click here this click here and this click here may help you.

MsTechie 23:00 27 Jul 08

A lot of people have had problems with SP3 me included, I had to remove it after half an hour - none of my CD/DVD drives were recognised.

If you want to persevere with SP3 then you can remove the message that appears by 'right click on My computer> Advanced tab> Settings> Data Execution Prevention> chose the other option and add programs that you dont want DEP to check

PS Im working on a Vista machine at the mo and the above intructions are for Vista but from memory it is very similar on XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…