Data Execution Prevention

bjantbear 16:15 PM 25 Apr 12

I run 32 bit Vista on my pc and IE8. When I close IE down I get a message saying that an unknown error has stopped IE working and that Data Execution Prevention is closing it down. I have tried to disable this but not succeeded. how can I stop this from happeninmg each time I close IE?

Batch 17:38 PM 25 Apr 12

In XP (I assume is same for Vista) go to System Properties, Advanced tab and under Performance click on Settings. Then select Data Execution Prevention Tab and you can use the options therein to avoid DEP being applied to IE.

However, DEP is there for a good reason and disabling it for IE might leave you exposed. I'm guessing that a plugin or something like that that you are using in IE is causing the prob.

bjantbear 10:29 AM 26 Apr 12

I have done what you suggest a few times but it does not work. If it is a plug-in or a Windows update how do I stop it, please? or how can I find what they are? Should I uninstall and re-install IE8?

northumbria61 23:13 PM 26 Apr 12

You may find a solution here enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…