Data Execution Prevention

bjantbear 25 Apr 12

I run 32 bit Vista on my pc and IE8. When I close IE down I get a message saying that an unknown error has stopped IE working and that Data Execution Prevention is closing it down. I have tried to disable this but not succeeded. how can I stop this from happeninmg each time I close IE?

Batch 25 Apr 12

In XP (I assume is same for Vista) go to System Properties, Advanced tab and under Performance click on Settings. Then select Data Execution Prevention Tab and you can use the options therein to avoid DEP being applied to IE.

However, DEP is there for a good reason and disabling it for IE might leave you exposed. I'm guessing that a plugin or something like that that you are using in IE is causing the prob.

bjantbear 26 Apr 12

I have done what you suggest a few times but it does not work. If it is a plug-in or a Windows update how do I stop it, please? or how can I find what they are? Should I uninstall and re-install IE8?

northumbria61 26 Apr 12

You may find a solution here enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message