DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION?

misters 12:57 19 Nov 06

This is a new pop up message i got recently after downloading a trial program.

I followed procededures, like firewall check, anti virus check, spyware etc.
and everthing came back ok, so the next thing i done was turned on DEP with programs allowed, this stopped the DEP box from popping up but now all i get when i try to open certain programs is this program needs to close do you want to close or debug you know the box i'm talking about.

Is there anything else i can try please help its driving me nuts.

ps. i uninstalled the trial program that i downloaded but this hasn't helped.
Thanx in advance.

Kingfisher 13:04 19 Nov 06

Run you usually virus and syware programs then check msconfig for any entries that relate to the trial program you uninstalled, if you find any untick them. Also run regedit and do a search for the trial program name and delete any that you find, back up registry before deleting anything. Create a system restore before anything you do just to be safe good luck

misters 13:42 19 Nov 06

Tried all of that but still no joy.
Any other suggestions plz?

Kingfisher 15:23 19 Nov 06

misters have a look at this click here

misters 20:19 19 Nov 06

right i followed all those instuctions which got rid of theDEP box from popping up but i'm still getting the do you want to debug box then which either box i click yes/no the program just closes down this is happening mostly im windows media player.

Kingfisher 20:29 19 Nov 06

Bit of a longshot but I would re download windows media player and see if that cures media player problem

misters 20:55 19 Nov 06

I had windows media player 10 installed so i installed wmp 11 to see if that would help but it didn't same message, any other suggestions please?

Kingfisher 19:43 22 Nov 06

sorry misters for not getting back to you sooner Dont believe I can help you other than point you at this click here

Kingfisher 19:47 22 Nov 06

Misters doesn't look like link wants to load but go to the microsoft support web page and type data execution prevention you may get a few clues

Kingfisher 19:53 22 Nov 06

misters I know this might sound obvious but have you tried system restore to a point before this trial program was installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…