data execution prevention

o44wen 18:39 04 May 06

ok i have a basic understand of what this is from this website click here

However it is quite annoying when i try to open up folders on my C drive. See this link click here

Everytime i go to open a file recorded by my tv card this pop-up appears and shuts down any open folders on either hard drive C or X. I there anyway to get this to stop. This has only started to happen to my pc a lot in the past month or so and i have had this for over a year now.

De Marcus™ 18:50 04 May 06

click here for a more detailed explanation and how to disable dep for specific programs.

o44wen 19:16 04 May 06

thanks for the answer but this has not helped me out, i am not too sure which programmes would be causing this,
I have disabled the one i think it should be the tv card but it still fails and the error message appears.

Any option for total switch off? I see it gives it for advanced users but i am no way advanced

o44wen 19:54 04 May 06

got it!!!

I was worried about going an editing something inside but i done just that and now the problem has gone ... for now!

I turned off DEP altogether. I changed the settings to =AlwaysOff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…