Data exchange between mobile and pc

marcus22798 20:25 22 Apr 03

I have a siemens sl45 mobile phone, which has the ability to establish a "fixed" connection between my phone and pc. I was able previously to establish this link by connecting the phone to the modem socket (com3) on the back of my pc where I would usually plug in my external modem.

However, I have recently purchased a new pc which has an internal modem and therefore no longer has the com3 serial interface connection socket. I have tried setting up the connection on my new pc, but keep being told that a connection cannot be made as the sockets I am putting the data exchange cable into are not the right ones...So therefore as I don't have the com3 socket I don't seem to be able to set up the connection.

Does anyone out there have the same phone and might be able to point me in the right direction as how to overcome this problem...

cheers marcus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…