Data From Excel to Access

Genius1 18:36 31 Jan 06

Is there a (free!) way in which I can use a macro to transfer data from an Excel spreadsheet to an Access table? Preferably, I would like the table to automatically be created in Access when the macro button is clicked in Excel. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

ade.h 18:51 31 Jan 06

You can import worksheet data into Access if you create an appropriate table beforehand. There's an import/export function on one of the menus. (Memory's a little hazy, because I haven't used it for ages).

ade.h 18:52 31 Jan 06

I don't think there's any way of automatically generating a table though; do you have a lot of fields to create, I take it?

kev d 18:53 31 Jan 06

I entered the question "Transfer Excel data to Access" in Copernic and it gave me the following link:

click here

Good luck.

Genius1 19:07 31 Jan 06

Thanks, I'll have a look at this link.

mammak 19:24 31 Jan 06

Hi I know you would be able to link the data sheets but not to sure at how you would create the macro to create the table in Access any how have a look at click here it might help.

beynac 20:00 31 Jan 06

I'm not sure this will help but you can create a link in Access to an Excel spreadsheet. In Access, click on File, Get External Data, Link Tables. Select your Excel spreadsheet. Click Next then Finish. and you have a table in Access which will automatically be updated when you amend the data in the spreadsheet.

Sorry if this isn't what you're trying to achieve.

beynac 21:11 31 Jan 06

Just to clarify - my suggestion would create the table in Access, with the first row of the spreadsheet being the field names.

Genius1 20:19 23 Feb 06

I know I started this thread a while ago, but in case anyone wants to know the answer, I found the solution - a piece of Visual Basic code. If anyone wants the code, you're welcome to email me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…