data disappeared after lightning...

Xevious 18:02 09 Aug 04

after a suspected power surge due to a storm, a customer's hard drive lost all it's data!

it is only a slave disk, all 160Gb of it and was partitioned into various size drives.

the master drive is fine though, and doesn't show the slave under explorer, but is shown under device manager as a blank unformatted drive. (windows XP)

i have removed the drive and put it into another machine, same thing. partition magic shows the drive, but unpartitioned, and only shows the full 160Gb. no drive letters, no partitions...etc

could it be the file allocation table that needs repairing? is it possible that i can retrieve the partitions, and more importantly the data on each partition?

plz help!

thx

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:03 09 Aug 04

Hard disk tools :-
Seatools click here

Xevious 19:14 09 Aug 04

once again, you come to the rescue.

thx m8, will give it a go...

(hopefully i haven't messed up the data trying other apps!)

will post results

thx again

stalion 21:29 09 Aug 04

^^

Xevious 23:12 09 Aug 04

great util, but didn't work for me i'm afraid...

it sees the drive, but shows as an unrecognised format! guess i only need to be able to recreate the partition table... any other clues?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…