Data Cable - Samsung e350

philharris433 19:51 11 Mar 06

Hi, i have purchased a data cable to transfer files to a samsung E350 phone and am having trouble installing it. Normally with a data cable you have to connect the data cable via usb and it will install the drivers for the cable, then you move on to connecting the phone and putting on the software. However with this cable when you connect it for the first time nothing appears, its only when you connect the phone to it that the computer recognises it and even then that only installs the drivers and software for the phone. Then once you go onto the software it just shows as being offline. Any ideas?

Thanks Phil

jimv7 19:57 11 Mar 06

You have to manually choose a port to connect, open the software...

file/setup choose a different com port untill you fine the 1 the phone is connected to.

philharris433 19:04 12 Mar 06

I have already done this. In the device manager the samsung phone comes under com port 5 and yet when I go to setup and choose com 5 in the software it still shows up as offline. In the ports tab in device manager should the data cable not appear?

jimv7 19:28 12 Mar 06

Just plugged my samsung 710 in, it uses com port 3, try other com ports in the software setup.

philharris433 19:43 12 Mar 06

Just tried com port 3 and a couple of other ports at random. Also i tried it on another machine and I am getting the same thing. Did you have to install the data cable separate on your machine? Also it seems to accept that the phone is on that port because otherwise when you open the software on a port that its not on then it brings an error message up. However its still showing as offline...strange

philharris433 20:04 13 Mar 06

Anyone else have any ideas here?

Thanks

jimv7 20:45 13 Mar 06

Then i would suspect the data cable as being faulty.

philharris433 21:15 13 Mar 06

hmm i hoped that wouldm't be the case. Got another on order so will see.

Thanks Anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…