data cable e 365

fishfood 12:20 08 Aug 04

I have recently bought a data cable for my daughter's Motorola E365 but I can't get it to work. I have installed the software but when I plug the cable into the USB port I get the following message
USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED
ONE OF THE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNCTIONED
AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT. FOR ASSISTANCE IN SOLVING THIS
PROBLEM CLICK THIS BOX.

When I click the box the another message appears

RECOMMENDATION. TRY RECONNECTING THE DEVICE. IF WINDOWS STILL DOES NOT
RECOGNIZE IT REPLACE THE DEVICE.

I have tried this but it still won't work. I know the cable works because a friend has installed it in his PC and I have managed to install it on a PC at work, so I can only assume the problem is with my PC.I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Valvegrid 13:55 08 Aug 04

I'm not sure if this is going to be of much help, but I had a similar experience with this computer.

I'm running Windows 98SE on one of my partitions and my son wanted to install the drivers for his Nomad machine so he could load some music onto it. Anyway, we loaded the software, connected the Nomad, Windows recognised it, so did the installed software, but when we tried to load the media it said the device was not connected!

After we had removed and re-loaded the software about five, maybe six times, all of a sudden it started working and I haven't a clue why.

The only thing I can suggest is to remove the software and re-load it again, it must be something to do with fickle USB's. Have a look in device manager to see if the computer is finding the device, at least if the machine is finding the device you're halfway there.

bremner 14:03 08 Aug 04

What o/s are you using?

fishfood 16:53 09 Aug 04

Thanks for the replies. I'm using XP. I've already reloaded the software a number of times and unplugged and replugged the cable as well. The cable shows on device manager as 'unknown device' and under properties says that there is no driver for the device, which I assume is because it won't go through the hardware installation wizard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…