data backup in xp how do I do it

still learning 11:51 05 Nov 03

Hi I am creating a partition for data backup with Acronis. I currently am using approx 5gb out of my C drive with xp and bits and partition will be 10 gb. how do I transfer the essential xp system which is working fine at the moment. all help appreciated. dave-still learning.

christmascracker 15:17 05 Nov 03

beeuuem 16:17 05 Nov 03

Acronis Trueimage copies the whole of the partition selected.Copy the C:/ partition, which will have your XP installation on it, to your new partition. You can't select which bits you want to copy,it copies the whole C: partition.
Once you have created the image on your new partition this can be opened, through Acronis or clicking on the image file, and you can open/move individual files/folders back to C.

Make the bootable CD from 'Bootable rescue media builder' in Acronis to allow you to boot from Acronis if the system fails. I found that the bootable CD works but couldn't get the bootable floppies to work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…