Data backup to CD on XP?

Lemur 19:33 27 Apr 04

I understand that, built into XP, there is provision to copy data etc., to CD. Please tell me where I can find this facility. I have a Philips CDRW1610A Drive. Thanks.

BurrWalnut 19:36 27 Apr 04

Just select the file or folder and click copy, then point (browse) to the CD-RW drive.

keith-236785 20:15 27 Apr 04

right click the files you wand to write to cd, click send then the drive letter of your cdrw.

once you have all the files you want to write, open My Computer, double click the cdrw drive, when it opens it will show the files waiting to be written, click on write these files to CD.

good luck

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:45 27 Apr 04

If you have Nero 6 you can copy the whole drive to a couple of CDs. Takes about 2 hours......

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:49 28 Apr 04

*ahem*...that should have been 'a couple of DVDs'. ;-))

G

Lemur 01:17 28 Apr 04

Like I have always thought, my computer seems to be different to the norm. Even my version of XP Home edition, seems to be a bit odd (!!). Unless, for some reason, the facility I wanted, needs to be activated after purchase. Anyway, I now seem to have cracked it by a roundabout route, which I won't bore you with, but with clues from the leads kindly supplied by you all. Thank you.

Lemur 12:55 04 May 04

Trouble again!

My carefully noted system worked a few times, but is now producing CD's which, when inserted for playing, bring up the dreaded "The page cannot be displayed" error message! I did a 'system restore', in case I had altered a setting in between times, but still no go.

Any ideas please?

keith-236785 19:56 04 May 04

open windows media player, click help then click check for player updates, update to media player9, be sure to change the windows selector to whatever windows you are running, if i open media player without a file loaded it also brings up the Page not found screen, but if i double click on a music file or insert a CD then media player works ok.

are you burning the mp3's properly, or just copying them to cd. there is a difference.

i have just sorted a similar problem out on a clients pc by uninstalling then re-installing the CD writing software. in his case "B's gold5 recorder".

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…