DATA BACK UP/RECOVERY

Solva 16:43 22 Jun 07

Ok guys after reading the threads on partioning I have another question. I'll try and keep it simple.

What is the best and most effective way of backing up my data in the event of a system failure if I DO NOT have an external HDD? I have read the threads going on about Acronis and imaging but at the moment a External HDD Isnt viable.

Is it a case of creating a partition for the OS and if anything goes wrong just re-install it on the partition.

Thanks

RobCharles1981 16:49 22 Jun 07

Get a copy of Acronis True Image 10

€dstowe 16:57 22 Jun 07

Placing a backup on the same hard drive as the thing you are backing up does not protect against drive failure - which does happen.

uesquebeathus 18:06 22 Jun 07

Acronis True Image 10 can also backup to cd and dvd but, it did not work when i tried and believe me I tried, Acronis helpline were of no use resolving the problem, backup to a separate hard drive did work and has worked several times without fail.
Hard Drives have a TTL which is "time to live" overheating, switching of the computer wrongly etc can all cut the TTL by quit a bit, a gaurantee for three years almost means that after three and a bit the drive will pack up, download either
HDDLife or Smart Pro from here:-click here
they will let it run on the drive it will give a good answer on how long you have left with that drive,

Solva 14:00 25 Jun 07

So Is it correct to say that backing up a OS on separate partition is viable but you should always back up externally.

Thanks

Andy1991 18:07 25 Jun 07

I would reccommend Norton Ghost, the newest one is 11, offers ver good compression, and can run at regular intervals, with interface and offers incremental back up. it can also give u a disc where even if u have not backed up u can bot from the CD into a recovery enviroment with many tools to help trouble shoot. You can back up automatically on a External hard disc, and also u can spread a back up across as many discs as nessasary. :-). Used by pro's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…