DAT file

chriscross72 09:28 17 Oct 05

I recently watched a video online from the Rammstein official website.....when i checked internet explorer files i found what i assume is the video stored in the files and cookies list....so thinking i could watch it again i copy and pasted it into 'my documents'...however on trying to open it now it will not play in WMP10 nor any other programme i have....is there a way to get this to play or should i just delete it ??
Thank you ; ))

Forum Editor 09:50 17 Oct 05

there is no way to open it. Your computer doesn't have an application to open the file, so it has assigned the .dat extension to it. The extension simply means that the file contains raw data, but you have no way of knowing what kind........delete the file, but don't empty your recycle bin until you are certain that your computer is running normally - some vital system files have the .dat extension, and although this is almost certainly not one of those it pays to be cautious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…