Dark screen...

amito11 13:29 05 Oct 09

Hi, I hope you'll forgive me if it turns out that i'm supposed to start a new thread but i'm new to this. Anyway, I have a similar problem with my Aspire 5610AWLMi. I've had it for quite some time now and I haven't had any serious problems but I left it on yesterday and went to watch MOTD2 and when i returned the screen was dark. It wasn't totally black, and I could still make out the windows I had opened prior to leaving, but I couldn't make out the cursor. I initially thought it was on some sort of sleep mode but it wouldn't revert back to it's usual self even after pressing all the keys. Now here's the really galling part, when i hold the 'Fn' key and F6 like you're supposed to, the screen lights up briefly and i can see perfectly, and there doesn't seem to be any problem. i have restarted it God knows how many times but the Acer screen shows very briefly and goes dark again.
Any help would be much appreciated as i am at my wits end. Thanks

woodchip 13:33 05 Oct 09

can you see enough to go to Display in Control Panel? check power settings also in Control Panel. For Display check it not something in Adapter Properties thats shutting down

woodchip 13:34 05 Oct 09

Is it the same running on Mains?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…