dark picture in media player 11

gpzdave 19:45 05 Sep 08

Hi All

When I play dvd or downloaded files in media player the picture is very dark. I have only recently noticed this as I normally use divx which plays ok. I downloaded Realplayer and it plays movies dark like media player. I dont remember making any changes. I have tried rolling back to mp10 but still the same. Any suggestions.
Thanks

running XPpro. amd dual core 2g ram

bluto1 20:09 05 Sep 08

I've got the same problem and tried increasing the brightness of the monitor but cannot. I'll be as interested in this as you are. :-)

johnnyrocker 20:28 05 Sep 08

was mp 10 ok? have you got full codecs pack on board? try vlc player ad is the prob still there?

johnny.

bluto1 22:53 05 Sep 08

As it's gpzdave's post I've waited for his reply to johnnyrocker.

I use vlc player, but I don't know if my codecs pack is up to date.
I think gpzdave might benefit from a couple of links. I cannot supply them. Any help?

gpzdave 19:35 08 Sep 08

thanks for replies
Have tried roll back to mp10 but it still the same so reinstalled mp11. All updates for mp are up to date that why I tried real player. will try the vlc player.

Stuartli 19:39 08 Sep 08

In WMP11, go to View>Enhancements>Video Settings.

Adjust as required.

gpzdave 21:18 08 Sep 08

have tried the vlc player and totally confused now as it seesm to play files and dvds ok. I will try un installing them all and starting again as MP used to play without any problems.

Stuartli 23:53 08 Sep 08

Have you actually tried what I suggested?

gpzdave 20:26 09 Sep 08

Yes, tried adjusting the brightness. On a saved file you can adjust up a bit, on a dvd it would not.

Stuartli 23:22 09 Sep 08

Have you enabled DVD from WMP11's Tools>Options>File Types tab (all File Types in fact)?

woodchip 23:39 09 Sep 08

Check Gamma in Display Properties. Try it at about 1.3 Under Display Adapter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…