dark picture in media player 11

gpzdave 19:45 05 Sep 08

Hi All

When I play dvd or downloaded files in media player the picture is very dark. I have only recently noticed this as I normally use divx which plays ok. I downloaded Realplayer and it plays movies dark like media player. I dont remember making any changes. I have tried rolling back to mp10 but still the same. Any suggestions.
Thanks

running XPpro. amd dual core 2g ram

bluto1 20:09 05 Sep 08

I've got the same problem and tried increasing the brightness of the monitor but cannot. I'll be as interested in this as you are. :-)

johnnyrocker 20:28 05 Sep 08

was mp 10 ok? have you got full codecs pack on board? try vlc player ad is the prob still there?

johnny.

bluto1 22:53 05 Sep 08

As it's gpzdave's post I've waited for his reply to johnnyrocker.

I use vlc player, but I don't know if my codecs pack is up to date.
I think gpzdave might benefit from a couple of links. I cannot supply them. Any help?

gpzdave 19:35 08 Sep 08

thanks for replies
Have tried roll back to mp10 but it still the same so reinstalled mp11. All updates for mp are up to date that why I tried real player. will try the vlc player.

Stuartli 19:39 08 Sep 08

In WMP11, go to View>Enhancements>Video Settings.

Adjust as required.

gpzdave 21:18 08 Sep 08

have tried the vlc player and totally confused now as it seesm to play files and dvds ok. I will try un installing them all and starting again as MP used to play without any problems.

Stuartli 23:53 08 Sep 08

Have you actually tried what I suggested?

gpzdave 20:26 09 Sep 08

Yes, tried adjusting the brightness. On a saved file you can adjust up a bit, on a dvd it would not.

Stuartli 23:22 09 Sep 08

Have you enabled DVD from WMP11's Tools>Options>File Types tab (all File Types in fact)?

woodchip 23:39 09 Sep 08

Check Gamma in Display Properties. Try it at about 1.3 Under Display Adapter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5