Dantz restore problem

Pererin 12:03 29 Apr 05

Hope someone will be able to help, I have a Dantz Retrospect Back-up on an external Maxtor drive. When restroing anything on to the computer it is working fine, but when I try to restore my old e-mails (which I can see in the restore system) and they are also in the restore point in C drive, but cannot physically see them,it does not work, nor can I send them back to oultlook express. They are in the folder which state that there are 43 files (of which there are) but when I click on the folder it appears to be empty.I have tried to restore them to Outlook express again but it asks me do I want to replace files previously restored to outlook. I tried searching for one of them and it gave up lots of places where the file was but cannot open them as they end in (dbx) ext. Any ideas I would be eternally grateful.

GroupFC 12:14 29 Apr 05

Not sure about the restore problem but to view the messages in the .dbx file you could try this click here

Modo 14:40 29 Apr 05

I'm not sure about Outlook Express but with Outlook (.pst files, so different in that respect) you find that the folder actually needs to be physically on the hard drive of the computer you are importing them to.

Try copying them on to your hard drive e.g. in My Documents and try again.

Pererin 11:09 30 Apr 05

Thanks GroupFC, I installed oe viewer and have managed to recover my old e-mails. Not able to send them to Outlook express just yet, working on that but at least I am able to read and most importantly print them. Have been reading some other peoples thoughts on Dantz in the helproom and to be fair when I have tried to recover any thing from retrospect the only thing I have had a problem with is the e-mails. Many thanks for your immediate response and help. Pererin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…