Dangerously low resources

Newuser697 10:09 25 Aug 05

My Windows 98se will boot up O.K but when I open "Word" and then try to access a document,
a "dangerously low resourses" dialogue box appears asking me to close the application. How can I resolve this situation?
All suggestions gratefully accepted.

VoG II 10:12 25 Aug 05
  woodchip 11:16 25 Aug 05

You could also get rid of some of the Icons in the System tray running. By typing MSCONFIG in the Run Box. Go to startup tab, remove as may ticks as you can but leav anti-Virus, System Tray, and Firewall Running do not remove tick's for those. "MS Office Fast Find" is one of the worst offenders of low resources

palinka 16:38 25 Aug 05

Not sure if this will help, but when it happened to me I removed a lot of pictures and stored them on a CD instead of my HD.
No problems since then, but maybe that's coincidence.

palinka 16:39 25 Aug 05

Not sure if this will help, but when it happened to me I removed a lot of pictures and stored them on a CD instead of my HD.
No problems since then, but maybe that's coincidence.

Newuser697 09:31 26 Aug 05

Many thanks problem solved.
I think it was re-naming the file that did it though I don't understand why, as it's still the same file but with a different name.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…