danasoft signs/signatures

dusters 10:44 31 Mar 07

While browsing a particular website I kept seeing little signs that purported to tell me my IP address and ISP name (wrongly). Some also said they detected pirated software, definately incorrect as I have a new Acer computer with pre-installed software. I became alarmed when the little signs began saying they detected my credit card details and then 'I know where you live'. Am I being paranoid or can someone on that web site be accessing my details?

It is, I believe, a reputable site.

I am Spartacus 12:45 31 Mar 07

What's the website?

I am Spartacus 12:45 31 Mar 07

Silly me, it's in your thread title.

I am Spartacus 12:56 31 Mar 07

It does say on the site that:

'The signature image is generated in real-time for each user that views it. Your IP address and other information are only visible to YOU, not to others, but because people see their own IP address and computer information displayed in the graphic, they think that their information can be seen by everyone!'

However it might be worth running AdAware Free click here

or Spybot click here

dusters 19:45 31 Mar 07

Actually the site was broadbandbuyer.co.uk and the bits that worried me were the suggestion that my credit card details had been detected and, qoute, 'I know where you live'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…