Dan Elwells BB speed test

Taw® 18:49 14 May 05

I have just recently upgraded to 1MB BB and when I run the quick test on the above all my ping times show up as beng poor. The download test shows good results, just the pings are poor. Any way of improving this or is it something to worry over?

Taw® 12:15 15 May 05

bump

the old man 12:26 15 May 05

I upgraded to 2mb with pipex and ran same test with very similar results. When i contacted pipex they asked me to use speedtest @ the adsl guide web site. Tests on that site out of 6 readings, 4 were at 1.8 and 2 were below 1.3 download speeds. BT wont do anything without Pipex reporting fault on my behalf. Cant see how they will do it with ADSL Guide set of results in comparison to Elwell results.

dogbreath1 12:26 15 May 05

Provided that you are not losing any packets I wouldn't unduly worry. click here for more detail.

howard60 12:27 15 May 05

dont forget the 1MB refers to the download speed not the upload. As long as pages load quickly all is well. You could try the speed test at click here

Taw® 15:41 15 May 05

Many thanks members, having run the test on pitstop my pings are showing very healthy, but still poor on the D Elwell test,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…