That damned corner advert

Andsome 09:41 18 Dec 09

I fully appreciate the fact that adverts keep the forum free for everyones use. However, do they need to be so annoying as that advert that keeps folding down the corner just as I want to click on the My postings button? It is completely childish, and only a childish mind could have devised such an irritating advert, it hardly makes me want to buy the product.

Technotiger 09:42 18 Dec 09

If you are using Firefox there is a very good Add-on ... ABP.

Andsome 10:19 18 Dec 09

Tried Firefox and Thunderbug but didn't like them. I am more than happy with IE8 and Windows live Mail on Windows 7.

provider 2 10:57 18 Dec 09

Strange, but I know what you mean ... I saw the corner ad on my daughter`s Vista laptop for the first time last week.

It doesn`t appear on Firefox with the AdBlock Plus filter and I`m checking IE 8 now, where it doesn`t appear either, (on XP Sp3) with or without compatibility mode.

I have pop-ups from the PCA site enabled in in pop-up blocker settings. I think that leaves IE8`s SmartScreen Filter which is enabled.

Could that be what`s blocking the ad?

Andsome 11:09 18 Dec 09

I have reset the blocker to block all pop ups. I really can't understand the so called mentality of people who design such annoyances.

provider 2 11:16 18 Dec 09

I understand and sympathise but I think we have to live with it or find a way to block it.

Do you have SmartScreen Filter enabled?

(Right-click a blank area of the toolbar> customise> add or remove commands, and in the Customise Toolbar window put the SmartScreen Filter button into your toolbar for easy access.)

sunnystaines 11:19 18 Dec 09

use IE8 with the free add on ie7pro blocks ads you can also set it to clear coloured text links

p;3 18:10 18 Dec 09

This might help click here

Andsome 18:53 18 Dec 09

Seems complicated, I will have anoth pook in the light of day. I am surprised that PC Advisor allows such irritations on the site.

Andsome 08:43 19 Dec 09

Should of course have been LOK above and not POOK

provider 2 11:02 19 Dec 09

I don`t know about that, my grand-daughter(2) claims she eats poop with a poon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009