Damn Dial-up!

wapchimp 10:15 18 Apr 04

I get error 630. The modem is not responding properly. Please verify that the modem is plugged in to the computer and to the telephone line.
If the problem persists, please select 'More Help' button to start the Windows 98 Modem Troubleshooter.
My troubleshooter won't load lol.

Well it is plugged in, device manager says it is operating a-ok? I have noticed I dont hear it 'click' anymore while booting up. Do you think it has died? (I know modems are dirt cheap aswell)

I only need dial-up because my free web host only allows upload through their dedicated number :O and won't allow me to use my existing braodband connection, which is pants.

Any help much appreciated.

Graham ® 10:37 18 Apr 04

Some things to try click here

cycoze 10:39 18 Apr 04

Try going into device manager select the modem and click on the remove button , next re-boot Windows , the modem should be found again and Windows should load the drivers for it (always best to have the driver disc handy just in case).

This can sometimes fix the problem if it isnt a hardware failure , you will have to check your dialup settings are correct , ie:-connection speed hasnt been lowered .

Another possibility for the error is if you have a call minde rservice switched on , you would need to retrieve your messages first.

wapchimp 10:55 19 Apr 04

Thanks everyone.

I uninstalled the modem, it heard the click click on boot up. But it's still the same error msg when I go to connect. New modem time I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…