? damaged northbridge on Abit KT7 motherboard

Jim Sadler 21:06 17 Sep 03

The northbridge cooling fan on my Abit KT7 RAID motherboard failed. I'm not sure how long it was inoperative. The display on my Sony TFT flat panel (DVI connection) disappeared and at first I thought it was the graphics card. My analogue CRT monitor still worked OK. I replaced the northbridge fan and the Sony screen worked for a short while before going blank. The CRT still gave a picture.
I suspect the northbridge (VIA 133 chip)has overheated.
I will probably have to buy a new motherboard but do not wish to have to replace my Athlon Thunderbird processor or PC133 RAM. Does anybody know where I can buy a new Abit KT7 or KT7A motherboard, or an Asus A7V133 m/board.
Jim Sadler

LastChip 21:47 17 Sep 03

Tried a quick search and came up with nothing. I guess the board is considered old now, and nobody stocks it, so an alternative suggestion.

I recently bought a second hand KT7 off ebay (really cheap!) and guaranteed by the seller to work. I am pleased to say, it came exactly as described and promised, and I have been using it on one of my experimental machines without drama ever since. Providing you read the description carefully, and only buy one that is guaranteed to work, it may be an answer to your problem.

Jim Sadler 13:01 18 Sep 03

Thanks, LastChip, I'll try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…