Damaged laptop screen - worth/easy to repair

georgemac © 13:06 25 Mar 07

My niece has dropped her Acer 2410 laptop and broken the screen - the laptop still boots up OK on the bits of the screen that I can see.

It was not an expensive laptop, has a celeron processor. Any idea how much a replacement screen would cost, where to get one from and is it an easy repair.

I can easily build and repair desktops but have never attempted anything with a laptop.

Tried using the search function but got an error?

Woolwell 14:56 25 Mar 07

How old is it?

Back to Acer for repair is probably the best option along with an insurance claim.

Technotiger 15:02 25 Mar 07

Hi, click on the link "How to repair a broken laptop or notebook display"

click here

georgemac © 09:08 26 Mar 07

Thanks for the excellent link, I have now removed the LCD screen.

It is a 15.4" screen, with a few different labels and part numbers on it. I will get a quote from the company above for a replacement screen, does anyone know of other options, i.e screens from broken laptops?

The insurance claim was not an option, and I don't want to spend a bomb repairing a cheap laptop, because it would probably just be better buying another cheap laptop.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…