Damaged Disk?

futurekid 15:56 16 Aug 06

hi,
i have just used DBAN to eliminate all of my data off the hard drive. Now when i went to install windows xp i get the following message when it wants to format a partition

Setup cannot format the partition as the disk may be damaged. and that is constant in any type of format.

So because i have already formatted it with DBAN does anyone know how i can bypass that windows setup process.

I need as much help as possible because at the moment i have no computer to work on.

Thanks

Ben

P.S this has never happened before as when my mate used his windows install cd it formatted perfectly so why is mine not doing the same

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:10 16 Aug 06

this has never happened before as when my mate used his windows install cd it formatted perfectly so why is mine not doing the same

because you have damaged the partition table using Dban.

Try to fdisk (delete all partitions) and format with a boot disk from http:/click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…