Damaged Acer Laptop

Kingfisher 17:54 27 Oct 10

Good Evening all. A friend of mine has dropped her Acer laptop, which has resulted in A small crack on the lid where the hinge fits in, the lid will now not stay in any position, its either fully opened to flat or shut. Secondly the screen back light is now not woking, so screen is completely black
I have with the aid of a torch established that the o/s is working ok and can connect to the internet. The question is: any ideas what it would cost to repair and is it worth repairing.
The spec of pc is Vista, 1.7 dual core processor 120 gig hard drive 1 gig of ram many thanks

mooly 19:00 27 Oct 10

Hard to say... if you can DIY it then maybe. The backlight needs attention first, could be the actual "tube" that has broken or just a connector become dislodged. You need to be sure the screen is totally undamaged as that would be costly.

As to the hinges and cabinet you would have to see what was available.

I wouldn't go spending large sums paying for a a repair, and you need to confirm it really is 100% operational on all functions.

Kingfisher 20:07 27 Oct 10

Thanks mooly dont feel confident with laptop diy will take it to a pro for advice, will tick as resolved

Woolwell 22:55 27 Oct 10

Consider an insurance claim.

Or contact Acer click here

noting call charges.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…