Daftest thing - Outlook Mistroke!

Damarc 10:14 11 Nov 10

For some reason my fingers got entangled and I ended up with the blooming paragraph sign when typing emails. I've searched and searched for how to get rid of it and the answers don't seem to work or perhaps they are only for Word. Can anyone help me in Microsoft outlook please?

Woolwell 10:20 11 Nov 10

Which version of Outlook?
I guess that you are using Word as the e-mail editor and you have accidently set the show paragraphs button on see click here

QuizMan 10:52 11 Nov 10

In Word, the paragraph marker shortcut is Control+Shift+8. However that seems to have no impact in my 2003 Outlook version. When typing an e-mail in Outlook 2003, the paragraph marker is found in Format on the toolbar.

QuizMan 10:56 11 Nov 10

Ignore that last bit. I have just tested 1t and the Paragraph section in Format seems to be just another way to position text left/centre/right.

Woolwell 11:06 11 Nov 10

BTW ΒΆ = Pilcrow sign.

QuizMan 11:07 11 Nov 10

Following Woolwell's link, my shortcut might work if you have Word selected as your e-mail editor.

Damarc 13:57 11 Nov 10

Thank you, thank you. I knew you would come up trumps. It's a right performance when you mis-stroke keys and get something daft that you can't get rid of. It was Outlook 2003 and I went through Format and all the toolbars but couldn't find how to get rid of pilcrow sign. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac