Daft sunday question

MidgetMan 15:25 26 Oct 03

Ok peps, may sound daft but it is one of them things that I think about and never getting round to finding out the answer.

If i leave this site to go to another without logging out properly does it have an impact somewhere?,like if I have a thread open and have finished reading it then go to favs and jump to another forum or site what happens?? and if it is nothing i.e it doesn't matter why have a logout button??

woodchip 15:28 26 Oct 03

Not on this sit NO. But if you do not disconnect from phone line you can get back in without logging in

woodchip 15:30 26 Oct 03

PS the PCA site will look for the cookie information of your loggin

Gandalph 16:36 26 Oct 03

'But if you do not disconnect from phone line you can get back in without logging in.'

Not quite true in my case. I can disconnect from the carrier, go have a cuppa and a fag, come bag and re-dial and still be logged on. This of course may be just my dial-up software. I use Turnpike.

kingkenny 18:17 26 Oct 03

I think the PCA site auto logs you out after a certain period. I have gone surfing elsewhere to come back by clicking the link and it has me logged in already. If I am away long enough I usually have to click the login button again.

A_World_Maker 18:24 26 Oct 03

isnt this to do with session cookies?

woodchip 21:44 26 Oct 03

Try deleting you cookies and see if you can log in

MidgetMan 09:16 27 Oct 03

who replied, as I said it was one of those daft things that can keep you awake alnight wondering about, abit like why is dyslexia such a hard word to spell for those who cannot spell!!.
Sorry that it has taken so long to tick/reply but I was having trouble connecting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…