daemon exe is missing do I need this file?

castiel333 21:24 27 Feb 06

Every so often I keep getting a small window pop up saying that windows is trying to locate a file called daemon exe I close it and then a little while later I get a message saying something about scheduler daemon exe has been moved. (Im sorry I cant remember the whole message) Ive tried google but I cant work out if it is a system file or something to do with a virus as Im getting references to both. Could someone please tell me what I should do as I dont know if I need to try to recover this file somehow or if it is something bad. Im running xp sp2.

VoG II 21:33 27 Feb 06

It seems to benign click here

Do you have this folder: C:\Program Files\D-Tools

castiel333 21:41 27 Feb 06

Thank you for your link vog I havent heard of this programme but this started happening shortly after I installed microsoft age of empires today which I bought from ebay I dont know enough about computers to know if its a coincidence or not but Im glad it wasnt something bad. Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

castiel333 21:44 27 Feb 06

Sorry I forgot to say I dont think I do have that folder I looked in the programme files folder but I couldnt see it.

VoG II 21:48 27 Feb 06

Do you have SpyCatcher click here

castiel333 21:51 27 Feb 06

I have used spycatcher before but I uninstalled it about three weeks ago because I had problems with it.

VoG II 21:54 27 Feb 06

Ah! It seems that it did not uninstall completely. Does it show up in msconfig? if so disable it click here

castiel333 22:00 27 Feb 06

I will have a look at msconfig now. The part in your link where it says problem was happening a lot especially the bit about memory that was why I uninstalled it but it looks like I didnt do it properly.

castiel333 22:12 27 Feb 06

I ran msconfig there is six start up programmes, five related to security and avg and the only one I dont know is called ctfmon I wasnt sure if I should touch that one or not.

VoG II 22:14 27 Feb 06

No, leave ctfmon.

VoG II 22:16 27 Feb 06

I wonder if it is set as a scheduled task.

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click Scheduled Tasks.

If you see daemon.exe listed, right click it and select Delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…