DACS Box Pictures needed

Giggle n' Bits 12:19 17 Mar 06

Family member is having problems with there BT Broadband and has been since day one and as they have 2 phone lines in the house I suspect there problem may be related to a DACS Box which is on the line.

What I am trying to find is pictures what a DACS Box acutally looks like, is there more than one type of DACS Box that BT use.

So I am asking if anyone can point of links to DACS Box pitures please.

pj123 12:25 17 Mar 06
  Confab 12:29 17 Mar 06

When I moved into my house a few years ago it had a DACS box installed. It splits the phone line into two so you can only comnect using a modem at 28k.

I copunld not have broadband until the DACS was completely removed both from my house and from the exchange. I don’t have a picture it was just a big white box in my hall.

Giggle n' Bits 12:36 17 Mar 06

pj123 I already have that picture, from the link, just wondered if there were any different desing's wonder if a DACS box could be a DACS box without actually saying DACS on the plastic moulding. Suppose unscrewing the box and looking underneath would indent this. Even though not suppose to.

amonra 14:49 17 Mar 06

There are two designs of DACS, the older white box in the house variety, and the newer black box on the pole outside with nothing in the house to indicate you are on DACS. The old white variety are gradually being replaced as they only accomodated one "main" and one "secondary". The newer black box variety can accomodate many more lines ALL of which have limited bandwidth and CANNOT be used for broadband working. If you have a box on your system then one of your lines is a speech-only line. Hope this helps.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:03 17 Mar 06

If they want 2 phone lines and broadband, they will have to get another phone line fitted.

Giggle n' Bits 18:37 17 Mar 06

I am going viewing a box they have in the garage later, doesn't look like it will be possible to view on the Pole cos of darkness later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5