Dabs telephone number?

Ben Avery (Work) 16:25 04 Apr 03

G'day

Does anyone have a tel no for Dabs.com as they never reply to emails and allege to being "web only".

I know they have telephone numbers but cannot locate one!

Cheers.

BA

medicine hat 16:32 04 Apr 03

Is it 0870 129 3000 ?

Legolas 16:43 04 Apr 03

There is a number here
click here

Ben Avery (Work) 17:01 04 Apr 03

both of which reply with an automated message saying to visit the website's help section or email them!

Cheers anyway guys.

BA

Legolas 17:14 04 Apr 03

I read a review while searching for the number and it said that Dabs had a number on their site I have looked and I know you have and their aint no number on their site so I doubt they must have taken it off and it seems the only way to contact them is by e-mail very convienient for them.

pj123 17:26 04 Apr 03

Yes, you are right, there is no telephone number on the web site unless you are big corporate company spending thousands of pounds.

What you would need to do is write a letter and address it to either: David Atherton, Simon Brayshaw, Diane Dillon or Jonathan Wall all of whom are listed as Directors, and air your grievances.

Keep a copy of all correspondence.

The address is: dabs.com plc, Direct House, Wingates Industrial Park, Westhoughton, Bolton, BL5 3XD.

pj123 17:38 04 Apr 03

I have never bought anything from DABs but I have just done a price comparison between their prices and my local suppliers. Except for one item my local suppliers can beat DABs prices every time.

graham 19:54 04 Apr 03

It's not that they haven't got any telephones, it's just that they will be ex-directory - they don't want anyone to ring them up, they're not geared up for it.

pj123 22:43 04 Apr 03

So if you was a company trying to sell things why would you not let people know your telephone number???

Forum Editor 17:09 05 Apr 03

Many online retailers do not have facilities for answering phone calls, and so do not publish a phone number.

I'm not offering an opinion as to the rights and wrongs of this policy - merely pointing out that in itself it's not that unusual.

graham 17:23 05 Apr 03

I can remember trying to contact a newspaper, I think it was the 'Times', directory enquiries said it was not listed! Many companies do not have operators to answer the phone these days, and don't want people to stop work to answer the phone. The people who do need to know the number will dial directly to the extension they want. It's the way of the world.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…