Dabs causes IE6 to crash

dalglish 21:51 24 Jul 04

Guys & gals

Each time I visit Dabs.com/uk, IE 6 crashes.
This is the only site that causes this - have scanned for viruses, spyware.
Is it likely to be the Dabs website causing the problem?
Any help welcome- thanks

hugh-265156 22:28 24 Jul 04

not sure sorry.

click here seems to be working fine. do you get any errors displayed on screen as to why internet explorer has a problem?

what version of windows do you have? if its xp have a look in 'control panel/administrative tools/event viewer' and click the system and application tabs and look for any errors listed relating to ie6, click them for more info.

also try installing flash, shockwave and java etc if you dont have them already click here click here click here or try a repair of ie6 click here

also try windows update click here

johnsims 07:47 25 Jul 04

Highly unlikely to be the Dabs site. More likely to be your IE6 settings conflicting with some of the clever stuff Dabs use to code their site. Try setting your Internet Zone to low when you want to browse the Dabs site and see if that makes a difference.
If you cannot resolve it I would not worry too much if I were you. Dabs used to be the best, but now (in my opinion) they are expensive and their customer service has gone to the dogs. Either EBuyer, PCNextDay, Watford, or Simply all undercut them on virtually every bit of kit I've been interested in and/or bought over the last year or so.

dalglish 20:10 27 Jul 04

Many thanks - now resolved

dalglish 20:10 27 Jul 04

Many thanks - now resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…