D; is not accessible

Baslla321 14:35 18 Nov 04

On windows 98 when I insert a disk in my Creative DVD DxR2 5X, I get a small window saying, ' D: is not accessible. Try again ' Why is this please?

mattyc_92 14:54 18 Nov 04

Have you checked to see if the drive is correctly installed?

Baslla321 15:07 18 Nov 04

Sri How do I check that ?

mattyc_92 15:16 18 Nov 04

I am not sure on Win98, cause I haven't used 98 in around 2 years, but the process should be the same.....
Right-Click onto My Computer and select Properties..... You should now see a BASIC spec of your system, e.g. operating system, registered to and processor speed..... there should be a few "tab" buttons above (in the window), on click onto the "Hardware" tab.... Click onto the device manager and find the driver's name.... If it isn't there or there is a icon next to it like a red cross, then it hasn't been installed properly or is damaged (not physically damaged)...... Re-install drive and restart system....

Baslla321 15:28 18 Nov 04

OK did it. All is OK. I have now tried different CD's and they work normal. I have a feeling that it is a certain type of CDRW which it does not recognize. Maybe a cheap type. Tks.

mattyc_92 15:34 18 Nov 04

Win98 has loads of problems, one being the device problems. Also some CD-RWs don't always create disks that can work for some cd/dvd drives, so sometimes your system will work correctly and the disk is not readable.....

Anyway glad to help...... L8rs...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…