D-Link and Win XP

peb69 17:53 21 May 04

Does anyone know if the D-Link DWL G520+ wireless network adapter is compatable with Windows XP Pro?

I have installed it ok, but the manual says skip the error message about 'the hardware you have installed does not pass the Windows logo test' and now I am unable to see the network.

I have tried loads of tips off here to get it to work with no success.

Any ideas?

TomJerry 18:21 21 May 04

It says "Drivers for Windows 98s.e., ME, 2000, XP (version 3.06)" click here

TomJerry 18:23 21 May 04

correct one click here, DWL-G520+ Drivers for Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP

jimmer409® 20:11 21 May 04

exactly what do you mean (unable to see the network) should be able to address the transmitter with your browser.

peb69 20:25 21 May 04

The client PC is unable to see the network.

I have checked that all setting match and tried the Microsoft guide, but nothing works. My last hope was that as the adapter does not appear on the Microsoft HCL that this was the problem. That's why i asked about the driver, but the correct driver is already loaded although it is not digitally signed (does this make any difference).

jimmer409® 20:45 21 May 04

no, please explain what you are trying to do with the g520+, this is just a receiver, you must have something transmitting to it, what are you using???

peb69 21:49 21 May 04

Host PC is Win XP home
Client PC is Win XP Pro
Router is D-Link DI-624+
Wireless adapter in the client PC is D-Link DWL-G520+
Router is then connected to Telewest broadband

Host PC connected directly to the router can access internet but not see the client PC
Client PC can not see the host or connect to the internet.

I have tried many things to make it work, so I am now wondering if the wireless adapter is faulty?

Somtimes it says that the signal strenth is excellent, and sometimes it says the card is not present.

TomJerry 22:30 21 May 04

(1) When you do set up, it is better to Enable Router's SSID broadcast. You can disable it when first connection is established.

(2) Did you click Mac Filtering on Router, if you do then you must put Client (520+)'s macc address

(3) Have you used the same Wep key?

peb69 22:42 21 May 04

SSID broadcast is enabled.

MAC filtering is disabled.

WEP is disabled.

peb69 16:02 28 Jul 04

Turned out to be a faulty router which has been replaced. Thanks for everyone's help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…